On the morning of August 31st and September 1st, YC will host our 33rd Demo Day live on Zoom. This two day event will feature founders from over…Jul 7, 2021
Michael Seibel is a Group Partner and Managing Director, Early Stage at YC. He was the cofounder and CEO Justin.tv and Socialcam. Socialcam sold to Autodesk in 2012 and under the leadership of Emmett Shear, Justin.tv became Twitch.tv and sold to Amazon in 2014. Before getting into startups, he spent a year as the finance director for a US Senate campaign and in 2005, Michael graduated from Yale University with a BA in political science.
Every batch, we invite founders and executives to advise YC companies as Visiting Group Partners. These advisors bring valuable insights and recent operational experience to YC early stage companies. Throughout the batch, they take on a subset of YC Group Partner responsibilities, including application reading, interviews, group office hours, individual office hours, demo day prep, and more.
We have five Visiting Group Partners joining us for the YC Summer 2021 batch. Welcome back, Reshma Khilnani, Surbhi Sarna, and Nicolas Dessaigne, and welcome to Diana Hu and Calvin French-Owen.May 24, 2021
- YC Jobs Series: Women Eng in Startups posted on August 26, 2021 | under Ask a Female Engineer, Jobs, Women Founders, Work at a Startup, YC Events
- YC’s Fall Tour 2021 posted on September 9, 2021 | under YC Events, YC News
- Gusto: The People Platform for SMBs posted on August 30, 2021 | under Essay, Startups
- Ginkgo Bioworks (S14) is going public today posted on September 17, 2021 | under Founder Stories
- DoorDash from application to IPO posted on December 9, 2020 | under Founder Stories
- Venture Debt 101: Basics and Approach posted on August 26, 2021 | under Advice, Essay, Startups
- Squire Co-Founder and CEO Songe LaRon: Powering Barbershops of the Future posted on February 23, 2021 | under Founder Stories
- Edlyft Co-Founder and CEO Erika Hairston: How Community Can Elevate Tech posted on February 25, 2021 | under Female Founders, Founder Stories
- Building for the future posted on November 18, 2020 | under YC News
- Brex: The Future of Business Finance and Cash Management posted on April 26, 2021 | under Essay, Startups