On the morning of August 31st and September 1st, YC will host our 33rd Demo Day live on Zoom. This two day event will feature founders from over…Jul 7, 2021
Michael Seibel is a Group Partner and Managing Director, Early Stage at YC. He was the cofounder and CEO Justin.tv and Socialcam. Socialcam sold to Autodesk in 2012 and under the leadership of Emmett Shear, Justin.tv became Twitch.tv and sold to Amazon in 2014. Before getting into startups, he spent a year as the finance director for a US Senate campaign and in 2005, Michael graduated from Yale University with a BA in political science.
Every batch, we invite founders and executives to advise YC companies as Visiting Group Partners. These advisors bring valuable insights and recent operational experience to YC early stage companies. Throughout the batch, they take on a subset of YC Group Partner responsibilities, including application reading, interviews, group office hours, individual office hours, demo day prep, and more.
We have five Visiting Group Partners joining us for the YC Summer 2021 batch. Welcome back, Reshma Khilnani, Surbhi Sarna, and Nicolas Dessaigne, and welcome to Diana Hu and Calvin French-Owen.May 24, 2021
- Y Combinator Top Companies — July 2021 posted on July 1, 2021 | under YC News
- Early Deadline for YC Winter 2022 posted on June 30, 2021 | under Admissions
- Y Combinator Launches Co-Founder Matching Platform posted on July 6, 2021 | under Startup School, YC News
- Updates from YC posted on March 8, 2019 | under YC News
- Apply to YC on Your Schedule posted on January 14, 2021 | under Admissions, YC News
- The YC Directory posted on September 21, 2020 | under Female Founders, YC News
- Partnering with CodePath and ColorStack to support future technical founders posted on November 19, 2020 | under Female Founders, YC News
- YC is CRISPR for Startups posted on June 25, 2021 | under Essay
- YC S21 Virtual Demo Day posted on July 7, 2021 | under YC Events, YC News
- Career and Resume Advice: Student Edition posted on August 11, 2020 | under Work at a Startup