We hosted a virtual panel with YC alum on best practices for managing a remote team. We aggregated the advice shared by alum, including Sid Sijbrandij & Darren Murph of GitLab (remote team of 1,200+), Wade Foster of Zapier (remote team of 300+), Ian Tien of Mattermost (remote team of 100+), Nick Raushenbush & Finbarr Taylor of Shogun (remote team of 60), Rajiv Ayyangar of Tandem (remote team of 6) and more.Mar 27, 2020
Kat is a Partner at YC. She was Chief of Staff to Alexis Ohanian, cofounder of reddit, before joining YC as its Director of Outreach. Prior to that, Kat was at WIRED Magazine where she managed brand and strategy. Kat has a BS in Communications from Northwestern University.
We’re excited to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration this year — the world’s largest gathering of women technologists. We’ll be teaming up with YC alum Elpha (a community where women in tech can talk candidly online) and hosting office hours on October 3 in Orlando.Sep 13, 2019
We’re hosting group office hours and a happy hour for female founders on July 26 at the YC office in Mountain View, California.
If you’re in the early stages of building a company we’d love to meet you — anyone from idea stage through Series A is welcome to join.Jun 25, 2019
- Pinduoduo and The Rise of Social E-Commerce posted on May 6, 2020 | under China, Essay
- The YC Seed Deck Template posted on March 12, 2018 | under Advice
- A Guide to Seed Fundraising posted on January 7, 2016 | under Advice, Essay
- How to Split Equity Among Co-Founders posted on December 2, 2015 | under Advice, Essay, Startup School
- Startup School Relaunching as Continuous Program posted on June 17, 2020 | under Startup School, YC News
- YC’s Essential Startup Advice posted on September 25, 2017 | under Advice
- A Standard and Clean Series A Term Sheet posted on January 28, 2019 | under Series A
- YC Winter 2020 Batch Stats posted on March 16, 2020 | under Batch Stats, YC News
- How to Design a Better Pitch Deck posted on November 15, 2015 | under Advice, Startups
- On Growing: 7 Lessons from the Story of WeChat posted on April 12, 2017 | under China, Essay, YC Continuity