Kat is the Managing Outreach Officer at YC. She was Chief of Staff to Alexis Ohanian, cofounder of reddit, before joining YC as its Director of Outreach. Prior to that, Kat was at WIRED Magazine where she managed brand and strategy. Kat has a BS in Communications from Northwestern University.
This fall, YC and Elpha (S19) will bring together a cohort of women engineers who are interested in finding roles at fast growing startups.
YC will host a month-long series where participants will meet once a week for two-hour sessions. During sessions, you will hear from women who joined startups as early engineers, meet YC alumni and alumni company engineering managers, and build a community of peers. The program will culminate in at least two interviews for each participant.Aug 26, 2021
On November 18, we are hosting our first Future Founders Conference for women who aspire to become a startup founder. The event will be online, and whether you are curious about launching your own startup or are in the early stages of building one, you’ll walk away with the knowledge to define your own path.Oct 15, 2020
We’re excited to announce the launch of the YC Startup Library, found at ycombinator.com/library. Over the last 15 years, YC has invested in and worked with more than 2,000 companies, and we’ve seen and learned from their successes and failures. The library consolidates the knowledge and advice we’ve previously published and provides a central location for new content.Aug 6, 2020
We hosted a virtual panel with YC alum on best practices for managing a remote team. We aggregated the advice shared by alum, including Sid Sijbrandij & Darren Murph of GitLab (remote team of 1,200+), Wade Foster of Zapier (remote team of 300+), Ian Tien of Mattermost (remote team of 100+), Nick Raushenbush & Finbarr Taylor of Shogun (remote team of 60), Rajiv Ayyangar of Tandem (remote team of 6) and more.Mar 27, 2020
We’re excited to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration this year — the world’s largest gathering of women technologists. We’ll be teaming up with YC alum Elpha (a community where women in tech can talk candidly online) and hosting office hours on October 3 in Orlando.Sep 13, 2019
We’re hosting group office hours and a happy hour for female founders on July 26 at the YC office in Mountain View, California.
If you’re in the early stages of building a company we’d love to meet you — anyone from idea stage through Series A is welcome to join.Jun 25, 2019
- Does co-founder matching work? It did for these three YC companies. posted on November 24, 2021 | under Founder Stories, Startup School, YC News
- Kat Mañalac Guest Edits The Monday Morning Macro posted on August 14, 2017 | under Newsletter
- Embark Trucks’ (W16) Road to IPO posted on November 11, 2021 | under Application to IPO, Founder Stories, YC News
- Weave (W14) is Going Public posted on November 11, 2021 | under Founder Stories, YC News
- Welcome Surbhi, Nicolas, Divya, Ashu, and Tom posted on November 22, 2021 | under YC News
- What do people want in a co-founder? posted on October 21, 2021 | under Startup School
- Aspiring Founders Forum for Women Globally posted on October 26, 2021 | under Female Founders, Startups, YC Events, YC News
- Inside YC: The Admissions Team posted on August 19, 2021 | under Admissions, Jobs
- E la Carte (YC S10) raises $13.5M Series B from Intel Capital for user-friendly restaurant tablets posted on June 24, 2013 | under YC News
- Come Work at YC – October 2021 posted on October 11, 2021 | under Jobs, Work at a Startup, YC News