YC funded our first biotech company, Ginkgo Bioworks, in 2014. Since then, we’ve expanded aggressively into all areas of biotech and the life sciences. Today, YC funds more seed stage biotech companies than any other investor.
To help further the mission of our biotech and hard science startups, YC is now expanding YC’s job platform to support science-related roles. The inaugural YC startups range from 3-person companies in our most recent Winter 21 batch to the nearly-public Ginko Bioworks itself.
Some highlights of open roles on the platform:
- Founding Chemist/Material Scientist at Noya (W21).
- Director of Medicinal Chemistry at Gilgamesh Pharmaceutical (W20).
- Plant Biologist at Rev Genomics (S17).
- Director of Tumor Genomics at Shasqi (S19).
- Lead Scientist, Genome Engineer at MoGen (W21).
- Senior Data Engineer at Ginko Bioworks (S14).
At Work at a Startup, you can find hundreds of fast-growing startups and create a single profile to apply to them all. And as YC funds new startups in biotech and life sciences, founders can find your profile and reach out to you directly.
We welcome you to check out some of the first bio and life science YC startups hiring on the platform, and stay tuned as more go live over the next few months.