Today is Y Combinator’s 26th Demo Day.
141 companies will be presenting over the next two days — which makes this the largest Demo Day in YC’s 13 years. You can read more about the companies presenting here, here, here, here, here, here, here.
Here are some stats about YC and the current batch, YC W18.
- YC has funded 1,585 companies since 2005, and over 3,750 founders.
- 15 YC alum are valued at over $1B and over 70 YC alum are valued at over $100M.
YC W18 Stats
Total Companies Presenting at YC W18 Demo Day: 141
Many companies fall under more than one category — we’re listing them by their primary category.
32.6% – B2B
27.0% – Consumer
17.7% – Bio/Healthcare
5.0% – Education
5.0% – Fintech
3.5% – Blockchain
2.1% – Agriculture
2.1% – Government
2.1% – Real Estate and Construction
1.4% – Aerospace
1.4% – Industrial
35% of the companies in the batch come from outside the US.
- Average age of W18 founders: 29.91
- Average age of W18 applicants: 31.24
- W18 Companies with a Female Founder: 27% (23% of the companies who applied had a female founder.)
- 16% of YC W18’s founders are women. (14% of the founders who applied were women.)
- YC W18 Companies with a Black/Latinx founder: 13%. (We don’t collect this information in the application.)