YC Jobs Series: Women Eng in Startups
This fall, YC and Elpha (S19) will bring together a cohort of women engineers who are interested in finding roles at fast growing startups.
YC will host a month-long series where participants will meet once a week for two-hour sessions. During sessions, you will hear from women who joined startups as early engineers, meet YC alumni and alumni company engineering managers, and build a community of peers. The program will culminate in at least two interviews for each participant.
Topics discussed will include:
- Why join a startup? What are the pros and cons?
- How do you determine where you should work and what should you look for in a startup and founding team?
- How to prepare for the interview process and interview practice
Each session, we will also host small breakout sessions with founders, engineers and managers across a range of YC startups — from early stage to growth — including:
- Christina Caccioppo, Cofounder & CEO of Vanta
- Cadran Cowansage, Cofounder & CEO of Elpha
- Diana Hu, Cofounder & CTO of Escher Reality and YC Visiting Partner
- Lucia Huang, Cofounder & CEO of Osmind
- Reshma Khilnani, Cofounder & CTO of MedXT and YC Visiting Partner
If you are currently an engineer working at a tech company and you’re looking for your next role and might want to transition to a startup, this series is for you.
To apply for the program, visit YC’s Work at a Startup and create a profile by September 13th. (Note that profiles are visible to YC founders and hiring managers at YC startups. If you’re not ready to share your profile or look for a job, please specify so on the application.)
At YC, we use an inclusive definition of “women” and welcome trans women as well as genderqueer and non-binary people who identify as women or femme in any way.