Earlier this week, we interviewed Rent the Backyard about their Early Decision experience. This week, we talked to Wren.Sep 17, 2019
Stephanie Simon is the Admissions Manager at Y Combinator. Prior to YC, she was a software engineer and startup founder. Her job involves reading applications, interviewing founders, and building software for admissions.
We began offering the option to apply to Y Combinator Early Decision last September. For those of you who don’t know, if you’re a student, applying Early Decision to YC allows you to apply for one batch ahead of the current one. For example, you can apply to YC in September, get your acceptance in October, and start the program in June after you graduate.
We tried it as an experiment and it worked so well that we’re offering it permanently now, for both Winter and Summer batches.
The eight companies we accepted last Fall just finished the Summer 2019 batch. Read about one of the teams, Rent the Backyard, who applied to YC Early Decision.Sep 10, 2019
- YC and Ginkgo Bioworks announce new partnership for synthetic biology startups September 16, 2019 | Biotech, YC News
- Applying to YC Early Decision – Wren (YC S19) September 17, 2019 | Admissions
- The YC Seed Deck Template March 12, 2018 | Advice
- A Guide to Seed Fundraising January 7, 2016 | Advice, Essay
- Applying to YC Early Decision – Rent the Backyard (YC S19) September 10, 2019 | Admissions
- How to Design a Better Pitch Deck November 15, 2015 | Advice, Startups
- YC W20 Interviews in Western Europe September 9, 2019 | YC Events, YC News
- Early Decision September 20, 2018 | YC News
- How Biotech Startup Funding Will Change in the Next 10 Years August 5, 2019 | Biotech, Essay
- YC’s Essential Startup Advice September 25, 2017 | Advice