Last week, we interviewed Wren about their Early Decision experience. This week, we talked to GreenTiger.Sep 23, 2019
Stephanie Simon is the Admissions Manager at Y Combinator. Prior to YC, she was a software engineer and startup founder. Her job involves reading applications, interviewing founders, and building software for admissions.
We began offering the option to apply to Y Combinator Early Decision last September. For those of you who don’t know, if you’re a student, applying Early Decision to YC allows you to apply for one batch ahead of the current one. For example, you can apply to YC in September, get your acceptance in October, and start the program in June after you graduate.
We tried it as an experiment and it worked so well that we’re offering it permanently now, for both Winter and Summer batches.
The eight companies we accepted last Fall just finished the Summer 2019 batch. Read about one of the teams, Rent the Backyard, who applied to YC Early Decision.Sep 10, 2019
- Pinduoduo and The Rise of Social E-Commerce posted on May 6, 2020 | under China, Essay
- A Guide to Seed Fundraising posted on January 7, 2016 | under Advice, Essay
- The YC Seed Deck Template posted on March 12, 2018 | under Advice
- How to Split Equity Among Co-Founders posted on December 2, 2015 | under Advice, Essay, Startup School
- Startup School Relaunching as Continuous Program posted on June 17, 2020 | under Startup School, YC News
- YC’s Essential Startup Advice posted on September 25, 2017 | under Advice
- A Standard and Clean Series A Term Sheet posted on January 28, 2019 | under Series A
- YC Winter 2020 Batch Stats posted on March 16, 2020 | under Batch Stats, YC News
- How to Design a Better Pitch Deck posted on November 15, 2015 | under Advice, Startups
- On Growing: 7 Lessons from the Story of WeChat posted on April 12, 2017 | under China, Essay, YC Continuity