Last week, we interviewed Wren about their Early Decision experience. This week, we talked to GreenTiger.Sep 23, 2019
Stephanie Simon is the Admissions Manager at Y Combinator. Prior to YC, she was a software engineer and startup founder. Her job involves reading applications, interviewing founders, and building software for admissions.
We began offering the option to apply to Y Combinator Early Decision last September. For those of you who don’t know, if you’re a student, applying Early Decision to YC allows you to apply for one batch ahead of the current one. For example, you can apply to YC in September, get your acceptance in October, and start the program in June after you graduate.
We tried it as an experiment and it worked so well that we’re offering it permanently now, for both Winter and Summer batches.
The eight companies we accepted last Fall just finished the Summer 2019 batch. Read about one of the teams, Rent the Backyard, who applied to YC Early Decision.Sep 10, 2019
- YC Alum Advice for Managing Remote Teams posted on March 27, 2020 | under Advice
- Responding to COVID-19 posted on March 25, 2020 | under Biotech, YC News
- The YC Seed Deck Template posted on March 12, 2018 | under Advice
- A Guide to Seed Fundraising posted on January 7, 2016 | under Advice, Essay
- Finding your next role through Y Combinator posted on April 2, 2020 | under Work at a Startup
- YC Winter 2020 Batch Stats posted on March 16, 2020 | under Batch Stats, YC News
- How to Design a Better Pitch Deck posted on November 15, 2015 | under Advice, Startups
- Advice for Companies With Less Than 1 Year of Runway posted on January 22, 2015 | under Advice, Startups
- YC S20 Batch Updates posted on March 11, 2020 | under YC News
- An Update on YC S20 International Interviews posted on March 17, 2020 | under Admissions, YC News