Last week, we interviewed Wren about their Early Decision experience. This week, we talked to GreenTiger.Sep 23, 2019
Stephanie Simon is the Admissions Manager at Y Combinator. Prior to YC, she was a software engineer and startup founder. Her job involves reading applications, interviewing founders, and building software for admissions.
We began offering the option to apply to Y Combinator Early Decision last September. For those of you who don’t know, if you’re a student, applying Early Decision to YC allows you to apply for one batch ahead of the current one. For example, you can apply to YC in September, get your acceptance in October, and start the program in June after you graduate.
We tried it as an experiment and it worked so well that we’re offering it permanently now, for both Winter and Summer batches.
The eight companies we accepted last Fall just finished the Summer 2019 batch. Read about one of the teams, Rent the Backyard, who applied to YC Early Decision.Sep 10, 2019
- A Guide to Seed Fundraising January 7, 2016 | Advice, Essay
- The YC Seed Deck Template March 12, 2018 | Advice
- Work with us: Looking for great people to join YC's software & community teams December 4, 2019 | Startup School, Work at a Startup, YC News
- Who Should Founders Listen To For Advice? December 6, 2019 | Advice, Video
- How to Design a Better Pitch Deck November 15, 2015 | Advice, Startups
- What Makes The Top 10% Of Founders Different? November 13, 2019 | Advice, Video
- November 2019 Hackathon Recap November 26, 2019 | YC Events
- YC’s Series A Diligence Checklist February 22, 2018 | Advice, Series A
- How to Split Equity Among Co-Founders December 2, 2015 | Advice, Essay, Startup School
- Vikrum Nijjar: Engineer #1 at Firebase and Founder of Gold Fig Labs (YC S19) November 22, 2019 | Employee #1, Founder Stories, Interview, Work at a Startup