Last week, we interviewed Wren about their Early Decision experience. This week, we talked to GreenTiger.Sep 23, 2019
Stephanie Simon is the Admissions Manager at Y Combinator. Prior to YC, she was a software engineer and startup founder. Her job involves reading applications, interviewing founders, and building software for admissions.
We began offering the option to apply to Y Combinator Early Decision last September. For those of you who don’t know, if you’re a student, applying Early Decision to YC allows you to apply for one batch ahead of the current one. For example, you can apply to YC in September, get your acceptance in October, and start the program in June after you graduate.
We tried it as an experiment and it worked so well that we’re offering it permanently now, for both Winter and Summer batches.
The eight companies we accepted last Fall just finished the Summer 2019 batch. Read about one of the teams, Rent the Backyard, who applied to YC Early Decision.Sep 10, 2019
- How to Pitch Your Company posted on July 19, 2016 | under Advice
- A Guide to Seed Fundraising posted on January 7, 2016 | under Advice, Essay
- The YC Seed Deck Template posted on March 12, 2018 | under Advice
- Announcing Startup School Winter 2020 posted on December 10, 2019 | under Startup School, YC News
- YC Bio Tour – 2020 posted on January 16, 2020 | under Event, YC News
- Y Combinator Is Hiring a Data Scientist posted on January 20, 2020 | under YC News
- How to Design a Better Pitch Deck posted on November 15, 2015 | under Advice, Startups
- How To Build Product As A Small Startup posted on December 27, 2019 | under Advice, Video
- YC’s Essential Startup Advice posted on September 25, 2017 | under Advice
- Announcing the Startup School 2019 Grant Recipients posted on December 27, 2019 | under Startup School