Sharon Pope is Head of Programs & Marketing for YC Continuity and was previously a part-time partner at Y Combinator. Sharon is responsible for creating compelling opportunities for YC founders to continue growing and learning, and she also advises YC founders on marketing and PR. Prior to joining YC, Sharon was Chief Marketing Officer at Green Dot Corporation (NYSE: GDOT), where she grew and launched personal bank accounts & debit cards. Prior to that, she ran marketing & PR at Loopt (acquired by Green Dot) and worked closely with a range of tech companies while at San Francisco PR agencies.
Sam Altman sits down with Reid Hoffman to talk about the key changes founders should think about as they transition from a startup to a scaleup.
This conversation took place at The Scaleup Offsite, a private CEO gathering hosted by Y Combinator Continuity and Greylock Partners in April 2017.May 31, 2017
Sharon Pope, Head of Programs and Marketing at YC Continuity, walks through how to think about PR and the best practices for working with the press. Featuring Q&A with veteran journalist, Steven Levy, editor of Backchannel and alum of WIRED and Newsweek.May 20, 2017
- 13 Startup Ideas November 16, 2017 | Essay
- How Adversarial Attacks Work November 2, 2017 | AI
- Crypto Evolution October 30, 2017 | Blockchain
- A Guide to Seed Fundraising January 7, 2016 | Advice, Essay
- YC’s Essential Startup Advice September 25, 2017 | Advice
- The Hidden Forces Behind Toutiao: China’s Content King October 12, 2017 | China, Essay
- The Most Important Decision is Getting Started – Laura Behrens Wu November 1, 2017 | Female Founders, Video
- Sales Advice for Technical Founders November 7, 2017 | Advice
- Building Dota Bots That Beat Pros – OpenAI’s Greg Brockman, Szymon Sidor, and Sam Altman November 8, 2017 | Interview, Podcast, Video
- Three Paths in the Tech Industry: Founder, Executive, or Employee September 28, 2017 | Advice