As YC grows, founders are wondering how it’s improved over time. Having done YC in 2007 with Justin.tv/Twitch, in 2012 with Socialcam, and joining as a partner in 2014, I thought it would be helpful to describe how YC has changed since I first took part in the program.Sep 28, 2018
Michael Seibel is the CEO of YC. He was the cofounder and CEO Justin.tv and Socialcam. Socialcam sold to Autodesk in 2012 and under the leadership of Emmett Shear, Justin.tv became Twitch.tv and sold to Amazon in 2014. Before getting into startups, he spent a year as the finance director for a US Senate campaign and in 2005, Michael graduated from Yale University with a BA in political science.
We are changing the standard deal at YC and increasing our investment from $120K to $150K. The $150K investment for 7% will be made on a post-money cap safe. We believe the post-money safe is simpler, making ownership and dilution easier to understand.
A lot of great people joined the YC and YCC teams in the past six months. You can now see a full list of people at YC here.…Feb 19, 2018
As the YC community grows we have to continually make the choice to help one another. I know that as your company progresses, it becomes harder and harder to respond to that quick question or favor from another YC founder. This holiday season I wanted to give shoutouts to founders in the YC community who went above and beyond to help out their fellow alum.Dec 20, 2017
When people ask me for tech career advice I find it helpful to lay out the three paths I’ve encountered most in my career: founder, executive, and employee. I wrote this post though because when I talk to people about their careers I’m surprised at how often they focus on only one of these paths without taking the time to consider other options.Sep 28, 2017
- A Guide to Seed Fundraising January 7, 2016 | Advice, Essay
- The YC Seed Deck Template March 12, 2018 | Advice
- Work with us: Looking for great people to join YC's software & community teams December 4, 2019 | Startup School, Work at a Startup, YC News
- Who Should Founders Listen To For Advice? December 6, 2019 | Advice, Video
- How to Design a Better Pitch Deck November 15, 2015 | Advice, Startups
- What Makes The Top 10% Of Founders Different? November 13, 2019 | Advice, Video
- November 2019 Hackathon Recap November 26, 2019 | YC Events
- YC’s Series A Diligence Checklist February 22, 2018 | Advice, Series A
- How to Split Equity Among Co-Founders December 2, 2015 | Advice, Essay, Startup School
- Vikrum Nijjar: Engineer #1 at Firebase and Founder of Gold Fig Labs (YC S19) November 22, 2019 | Employee #1, Founder Stories, Interview, Work at a Startup