In 2017, Cadran Cowansage, a software engineer at YC, started building Leap, an online community for women in tech. Today, Cadran and her two co-founders, Abadesi Osunsade and Kuan Luo, are spinning Leap (now Elpha) out of Y Combinator and launching as an independent company.Feb 4, 2019
Michael Seibel is the CEO of YC. He was the cofounder and CEO Justin.tv and Socialcam. Socialcam sold to Autodesk in 2012 and under the leadership of Emmett Shear, Justin.tv became Twitch.tv and sold to Amazon in 2014. Before getting into startups, he spent a year as the finance director for a US Senate campaign and in 2005, Michael graduated from Yale University with a BA in political science.
A lot of great people joined our team in the last year, and we have four Visiting Partners joining us for the YC Winter 2019 batch. Help us welcome them to YC.Jan 21, 2019
We’re excited to share a list of Y Combinator’s top 100 companies. The top 100 YC Companies are listed by valuation (including the top 12 exits), as of October 17, 2018.
We put this list together to help people get to know some of the fastest growing alumni in the YC community. Most people know that Dropbox and Airbnb are YC companies, but they might be surprised by many of the other companies on the list. This is our first time publishing this list, and it’s something we’re planning to do every fall.Oct 17, 2018
As YC grows, founders are wondering how it’s improved over time. Having done YC in 2007 with Justin.tv/Twitch, in 2012 with Socialcam, and joining as a partner in 2014, I thought it would be helpful to describe how YC has changed since I first took part in the program.Sep 28, 2018
We are changing the standard deal at YC and increasing our investment from $120K to $150K. The $150K investment for 7% will be made on a post-money cap safe. We believe the post-money safe is simpler, making ownership and dilution easier to understand.
- Announcing the YC Startup Library posted on August 6, 2020 | under YC News
- Announcing YC Build Sprint and 20 Equity-Free Grants posted on August 13, 2020 | under Event, Startup School, YC Events
- YC Companies Looking for Fall 2020 Interns posted on July 30, 2020 | under Work at a Startup
- YC Winter 2020 Batch Stats posted on March 16, 2020 | under Batch Stats, YC News
- YC S20 Virtual Demo Day posted on July 28, 2020 | under YC News
- Career and Resume Advice: Student Edition posted on August 11, 2020 | under Work at a Startup
- Startup School Relaunching as Continuous Program posted on June 17, 2020 | under Startup School, YC News
- Frequently Asked Questions From YC Applicants posted on March 19, 2018 | under Advice
- YC S20 Batch Updates posted on March 11, 2020 | under YC News
- Reimagining B2B Commerce with Faire posted on July 24, 2020 | under Essay, Startups