We’re excited to share the list of 2019 Top Y Combinator Companies. We put this list together to help potential employees, partners, and late stage investors get to know a wider set of YC companies.Oct 2, 2019
Michael Seibel is a Partner at YC and CEO of YC's startup accelerator. He was the cofounder and CEO Justin.tv and Socialcam. Socialcam sold to Autodesk in 2012 and under the leadership of Emmett Shear, Justin.tv became Twitch.tv and sold to Amazon in 2014. Before getting into startups, he spent a year as the finance director for a US Senate campaign and in 2005, Michael graduated from Yale University with a BA in political science.
In 2017, Cadran Cowansage, a software engineer at YC, started building Leap, an online community for women in tech. Today, Cadran and her two co-founders, Abadesi Osunsade and Kuan Luo, are spinning Leap (now Elpha) out of Y Combinator and launching as an independent company.Feb 4, 2019
A lot of great people joined our team in the last year, and we have four Visiting Partners joining us for the YC Winter 2019 batch. Help us welcome them to YC.Jan 21, 2019
We’re excited to share a list of Y Combinator’s top 100 companies. The top 100 YC Companies are listed by valuation (including the top 12 exits), as of October 17, 2018.
We put this list together to help people get to know some of the fastest growing alumni in the YC community. Most people know that Dropbox and Airbnb are YC companies, but they might be surprised by many of the other companies on the list. This is our first time publishing this list, and it’s something we’re planning to do every fall.Oct 17, 2018
As YC grows, founders are wondering how it’s improved over time. Having done YC in 2007 with Justin.tv/Twitch, in 2012 with Socialcam, and joining as a partner in 2014, I thought it would be helpful to describe how YC has changed since I first took part in the program.Sep 28, 2018
We are changing the standard deal at YC and increasing our investment from $120K to $150K. The $150K investment for 7% will be made on a post-money cap safe. We believe the post-money safe is simpler, making ownership and dilution easier to understand.
- Employee #1: Amazon posted on September 6, 2016 | under Employee #1, Interview
- YC W21 Remote Batch posted on September 10, 2020 | under Admissions, YC News
- YC Summer 2020 Batch Stats posted on August 28, 2020 | under Batch Stats, YC News
- Future Founders Conference for Women Globally posted on October 15, 2020 | under Female Founders, YC Events, YC News
- Frequently Asked Questions From YC Applicants posted on March 19, 2018 | under Advice
- YC Winter 2020 Batch Stats posted on March 16, 2020 | under Batch Stats, YC News
- Engineer #1: Daanish Mazhar, Gordian Software (YC W19) posted on October 20, 2020 | under Employee #1, Startups, Work at a Startup
- Tips for YC Interviews posted on November 15, 2015 | under YC News
- Apply Early for YC W21 posted on August 31, 2020 | under Admissions
- Understanding Startup Stock Options posted on September 16, 2020 | under Startups, Work at a Startup