A lot of great people joined our team in the last year, and we have four Visiting Partners joining us for the YC Winter 2019 batch. Help us welcome them to YC.Jan 21, 2019
Michael Seibel is the CEO of YC. He was the cofounder and CEO Justin.tv and Socialcam. Socialcam sold to Autodesk in 2012 and under the leadership of Emmett Shear, Justin.tv became Twitch.tv and sold to Amazon in 2014. Before getting into startups, he spent a year as the finance director for a US Senate campaign and in 2005, Michael graduated from Yale University with a BA in political science.
We’re excited to share a list of Y Combinator’s top 100 companies. The top 100 YC Companies are listed by valuation (including the top 12 exits), as of October 17, 2018.
We put this list together to help people get to know some of the fastest growing alumni in the YC community. Most people know that Dropbox and Airbnb are YC companies, but they might be surprised by many of the other companies on the list. This is our first time publishing this list, and it’s something we’re planning to do every fall.Oct 17, 2018
As YC grows, founders are wondering how it’s improved over time. Having done YC in 2007 with Justin.tv/Twitch, in 2012 with Socialcam, and joining as a partner in 2014, I thought it would be helpful to describe how YC has changed since I first took part in the program.Sep 28, 2018
We are changing the standard deal at YC and increasing our investment from $120K to $150K. The $150K investment for 7% will be made on a post-money cap safe. We believe the post-money safe is simpler, making ownership and dilution easier to understand.
A lot of great people joined the YC and YCC teams in the past six months. You can now see a full list of people at YC here.…Feb 19, 2018
- The YC Seed Deck Template posted on March 12, 2018 | under Advice
- A Guide to Seed Fundraising posted on January 7, 2016 | under Advice, Essay
- How to Design a Better Pitch Deck posted on November 15, 2015 | under Advice, Startups
- Pinduoduo and The Rise of Social E-Commerce posted on May 6, 2020 | under China, Essay
- YC Winter 2020 Batch Stats posted on March 16, 2020 | under Batch Stats, YC News
- YC’s Essential Startup Advice posted on September 25, 2017 | under Advice
- How to Split Equity Among Co-Founders posted on December 2, 2015 | under Advice, Essay, Startup School
- A Minimum Viable Product Is Not a Product, It’s a Process posted on January 22, 2016 | under Essay
- The Hidden Forces Behind Toutiao: China’s Content King posted on October 12, 2017 | under China, Essay
- YC Alum Advice for Managing Remote Teams posted on March 27, 2020 | under Advice