We messed up and sent acceptance emails to many Startup School applicants who we didn’t previously have a place for. We’ve decided to use this error as an opportunity to try something new: we’re going to let in every company that applied to Startup School.Aug 20, 2018
Geoff is a Partner at YC. He was a founder of Four11, where he built RocketMail, one of the first web mail services, which in 1997 became Yahoo Mail. At Yahoo Geoff worked in engineering, then ran a business unit, then became Chief Product Officer. After Yahoo he was CEO of Lala, which was acquired in 2009 by Apple. He cofounded Imagine K12, the first Ed Tech accelerator, which funded companies like ClassDojo and Remind, and merged with YC in 2016. He has an AB in Computer Science from Dartmouth, an MS in Computer Science from Stanford, and an MBA from INSEAD.
Two weeks ago we announced Startup School 2018. Our free, online course will kick off in just three weeks, on August 28th. We also let founders know that 100 of the companies that complete the course will receive $10,000 in equity-free funding from YC.
This year’s course will feature revamped software and all new material which will be added to the extraordinary library of startup content YC has collected over the past two years of Startup School and the many years of working with and writing about startups. This work is being collected at startupschool.org/library.
We’re hosting Startup School again this year. Startup School is a free, 10-week, online course. It’s designed for any startup founder who would like to get help through the earliest, most difficult challenges of starting a company. The course will begin on August 27, 2018 and applications are now open at StartupSchool.org.Jul 18, 2018
Last year, for the first time, we taught a MOOC (massively open online course) for startup founders called Startup School. This year, we’re adding a new course called Startup Investor School which will teach the basics of seed (early) stage startup investing to anyone interested. Applications are open starting today.Feb 1, 2018
A lot of the advice we give startups is tactical; meant to be helpful on a day to day or week to week basis. But some advice is more fundamental. We’ve collected here what we at YC consider the most important, most transformative advice for startups. Whether common sense or counter-intuitive, the guidance below will help most startups find their path to success.Sep 25, 2017
Before CRISPR, genetic engineering was slow, expensive, and inaccurate. With CRISPR, genome editing is cheap, accurate, and repeatable. This is the story of CRISPR, concluding with a discussion of Gene Drive, a biological technique which, when used with CRISPR, gives even greater power to genetic engineers.Apr 3, 2017
- YC Top Companies List – 2018 October 17, 2018 | Top Companies 2018, YC News
- Survey of YC female founders on sexual coercion and assault by angel and VC investors October 15, 2018 | YC News
- Learning Math for Machine Learning August 1, 2018 | Advice, AI, Paths
- A Guide to Seed Fundraising January 7, 2016 | Advice, Essay
- How to Split Equity Among Co-Founders December 2, 2015 | Advice, Essay, Startup School
- Fundraising Fundamentals by Geoff Ralston October 10, 2018 | Startup School, Video
- The YC Seed Deck Template March 12, 2018 | Advice
- SEO Advice from SurveyMonkey Director of SEO and Growth, Eli Schwartz September 27, 2018 | Interview, Podcast, Video
- How to Design a Better Pitch Deck November 15, 2015 | Advice, Startups
- YC’s Essential Startup Advice September 25, 2017 | Advice