In this week’s email: YC is Hiring an Office Manager, How to Raise Money and How to Succeed Long-Term – Jess Lee, Aaron Harris, & Ali Rowghani, Scaling Product at Airbnb with Joe Gebbia and Reid Hoffman, and Live Office Hours with Kevin Hale and Dalton Caldwell.Jun 12, 2017
Y Combinator created a new model for funding early stage startups. Twice a year we invest a small amount of money ($120k) in a large number of startups (recently 105). The startups move to Silicon Valley for 3 months, during which we work intensively with them to get the company into the best possible shape and refine their pitch to investors. Each cycle culminates in Demo Day, when the startups present their companies to a carefully selected, invite-only audience. But YC doesn’t end on Demo Day. We and the YC alumni network continue to help founders for the life of their company, and beyond.
Jess Lee (Partner at Sequoia Capital) and Aaron Harris (Partner at YC) discuss raising money as an early stage company, and how to think about the fundraising process. Ali Rowghani (CEO of YC Continuity, previously CFO, COO @ Twitter, CFO @ Pixar) shares his thoughts on how to be a great leader and succeed long-term.Jun 8, 2017
WittyThumbs helps people improve their dating lives by teaching them how to open up emotionally, be more comfortable being authentic, spend their time effectively, reduce anxiety, and set clear expectations for themselves and others. Here are some of their answers to the YC application.
- Paul Buchheit on Lessons Learned from Investing in 200+ Startups Interview June 1, 2017
- A Guide to Seed Fundraising Essay January 7, 2016
- Welcome Eric, Gustaf, and Jocelyn YC News June 21, 2017
- How Should Business Schools Prepare Students for Startups? – Jeff Bussgang and Michael Seibel Video June 21, 2017
- A Minimum Viable Product Is Not a Product, It’s a Process Essay January 22, 2016
- On Growing: 7 Lessons from the Story of WeChat YC Continuity April 12, 2017
- How to Split Equity Among Co-Founders Startup School December 2, 2015
- How to Raise Money, and How to Succeed Long-Term – Jess Lee, Aaron Harris, & Ali Rowghani Video June 8, 2017
- How to Get into VR Paths May 3, 2017
- At the Intersection of AI, Governments, and Google – Tim Hwang Video June 16, 2017