Y Combinator created a new model for funding early stage startups. Twice a year we invest a small amount of money ($120k) in a large number of startups (recently 105). The startups move to Silicon Valley for 3 months, during which we work intensively with them to get the company into the best possible shape and refine their pitch to investors. Each cycle culminates in Demo Day, when the startups present their companies to a carefully selected, invite-only audience. But YC doesn’t end on Demo Day. We and the YC alumni network continue to help founders for the life of their company, and beyond.
Adam Coates is the Director of Baidu’s Silicon Valley AI Lab. The lab’s mission is to develop AI technologies that will have a significant impact on the lives of at least 100 million people. We spent a good chunk of this episode talking about Adam’s work in speech to text and text to speech. If you want to learn more you can check out research.baidu.com.Aug 11, 2017
Marriage is central to many Muslims’ upbringings yet ethnic, family, and religious pressures make this a difficult search. Muzmatch offers: chaperones in keeping with Islamic tradition, full privacy, fully verification and relevant search filters. Learn more on Product Hunt and Hacker News.Aug 8, 2017
Dropleaf helps players discover games that they can connect with and help developers grow their audience, and business. They’re launching with 41 games (adding 10-20 per month) and an initial price point of 4.99/month. You can sign up, download the client, install some games and get playing!Aug 7, 2017
There are 70 million Americans with criminal records – 1 in 3 adults – and they pretty much all experience pain in finding a job. 70MillionJobs has built the first job board for the formerly incarcerated. You can learn more on: Fast Company, Product Hunt, and Hacker News.
- Ask A Female Engineer: Thoughts on the Google Memo Ask a Female Engineer August 15, 2017
- YC’s 2017 Summer Reading List Lists August 3, 2017
- Why Should I Start a Startup? Essay July 19, 2017
- The Token Effect Blockchain August 16, 2017
- Growth Guide: How to Set Up, Staff and Scale a Growth Program YC Continuity July 20, 2017
- Jeff Dean’s Lecture for YC AI Video August 7, 2017
- The CEO Who Pays Employees to De-Locate From the Bay Podcast August 18, 2017
- A Guide to Machine Learning PhDs AI August 9, 2017
- A Guide to Seed Fundraising Essay January 7, 2016
- Making Music and Art Through Machine Learning – Doug Eck of Magenta Video July 21, 2017