Sharon Pope is Head of Programs & Marketing for YC Continuity and was previously a part-time partner at Y Combinator. Sharon is responsible for creating compelling opportunities for YC founders to continue growing and learning, and she also advises YC founders on marketing and PR. Prior to joining YC, Sharon was Chief Marketing Officer at Green Dot Corporation (NYSE: GDOT), where she grew and launched personal bank accounts & debit cards. Prior to that, she ran marketing & PR at Loopt (acquired by Green Dot) and worked closely with a range of tech companies while at San Francisco PR agencies.
Sam Altman sits down with Reid Hoffman to talk about the key changes founders should think about as they transition from a startup to a scaleup.
This conversation took place at The Scaleup Offsite, a private CEO gathering hosted by Y Combinator Continuity and Greylock Partners in April 2017.May 31, 2017
Sharon Pope, Head of Programs and Marketing at YC Continuity, walks through how to think about PR and the best practices for working with the press. Featuring Q&A with veteran journalist, Steven Levy, editor of Backchannel and alum of WIRED and Newsweek.May 20, 2017
- The Hidden Forces Behind Toutiao: China’s Content King October 12, 2017 | China, Essay
- YC’s Essential Startup Advice September 25, 2017 | Advice
- A Guide to Seed Fundraising January 7, 2016 | Advice, Essay
- Three Paths in the Tech Industry: Founder, Executive, or Employee September 28, 2017 | Advice
- Don’t Start a Blog, Start a Cult – Mr. Money Mustache September 27, 2017 | Interview, Podcast, Video
- Growth Guide: How to Set Up, Staff and Scale a Growth Program July 20, 2017 | Advice, YC Continuity
- Experiments in Art and Technology with Artforum Editor Michelle Kuo October 18, 2017 | Interview, Podcast, Video
- How to Split Equity Among Co-Founders December 2, 2015 | Advice, Essay, Startup School
- Content Marketing Tips from Experts at First Round Capital and Andreessen Horowitz October 13, 2017 | Interview, Podcast, Video
- YC Is Visiting India October 3, 2017 | YC News