Sharon Pope is Head of Programs & Marketing for YC Continuity and was previously a part-time partner at Y Combinator. Sharon is responsible for creating compelling opportunities for YC founders to continue growing and learning, and she also advises YC founders on marketing and PR. Prior to joining YC, Sharon was Chief Marketing Officer at Green Dot Corporation (NYSE: GDOT), where she grew and launched personal bank accounts & debit cards. Prior to that, she ran marketing & PR at Loopt (acquired by Green Dot) and worked closely with a range of tech companies while at San Francisco PR agencies.
Sam Altman sits down with Reid Hoffman to talk about the key changes founders should think about as they transition from a startup to a scaleup.
This conversation took place at The Scaleup Offsite, a private CEO gathering hosted by Y Combinator Continuity and Greylock Partners in April 2017.May 31, 2017
Sharon Pope, Head of Programs and Marketing at YC Continuity, walks through how to think about PR and the best practices for working with the press. Featuring Q&A with veteran journalist, Steven Levy, editor of Backchannel and alum of WIRED and Newsweek.May 20, 2017
- Paul Buchheit on Lessons Learned from Investing in 200+ Startups Interview June 1, 2017
- A Guide to Seed Fundraising Essay January 7, 2016
- Welcome Eric, Gustaf, and Jocelyn YC News June 21, 2017
- How Should Business Schools Prepare Students for Startups? – Jeff Bussgang and Michael Seibel Video June 21, 2017
- A Minimum Viable Product Is Not a Product, It’s a Process Essay January 22, 2016
- On Growing: 7 Lessons from the Story of WeChat YC Continuity April 12, 2017
- How to Split Equity Among Co-Founders Startup School December 2, 2015
- How to Raise Money, and How to Succeed Long-Term – Jess Lee, Aaron Harris, & Ali Rowghani Video June 8, 2017
- At the Intersection of AI, Governments, and Google – Tim Hwang Video June 16, 2017
- How to Get into VR Paths May 3, 2017