From the words of a recent alum, Nicholas Bergson-Shilcock of Hackruiter:
I've said this before, and so have many others, but it's worth repeating: Choosing to apply to YC was one of the best decisions of my life.
Some reasons I love YC:
- My cofounder and I were in the Summer 2010 batch. We've changed our idea, made mistakes, and failed repeatedly. Yet in all that time, pg and co have had and continue to have our backs 100%.
- One thing I've learned in life is that who you choose to surround yourself with matters immensely. Doing YC means surrounding yourself with great people.
- Every single YC partner is a genuinely lovely person. The other week we got a heartwarming and encouraging email from Kate, YC's architect.
- The YC network is unparalleled. In the past week, I've relied on it half a dozen times.
- I don't know how put this, but YC has taste. Where others are political or indirect or care about appearances or do things without thinking about them, pg and co are the opposite: Direct, thoughtful, and good. YC is good in much the same ways pg's essays are good, if that makes any sense.
I cannot recommend YC highly enough.
Get details about how to apply here.